Education - 2000 Student of the Year
Dr. Shirley Clark
- PhD, Environmental Health Engineering
- MS, Civil Engineering, UAB
- BS, Chemical Engineering, Washington University
- “Environmental Health, Public Safety, and Social Impacts Associated with Transportation Accidents Involving Hazardous Substances”
- Dr. Clark’s dissertation research focused on filtering storm-water runoff to remove toxicants from critical source areas, such as parking lots, service stations, and maintenance yards. She examined the feasibility of filtration without sacrificing the public-safety needs of draining water rapidly from streets and parking lots.